PAUSE THE MUSIC

to see Aedyn's 26 week ultrasound via youtube.com at the bottom of the blog posts.
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 14, 2008

No more meds

Okay - so after last nights feelings of being out of my mind and my body, I decided that I cannot continue taking the Reg.lan to help increase my milk production. I will have to accept what the the Good Lord is allowing me to have naturally. I figure I would take the fenugreek again - as the headaches have subsided and if it lowers my blood sugar i can just decrease my insulin needs until I am done taking it.

Truely - that medication had me so totally out of my mind, I couldnt even hold Aedyn for fear that I would drop her. I slept so much yesterday that when I woke, I was barely even awake. We tried to go out for dinner, I was so freaked out at dinner, we had to hurry up to get home. I dont ever want to feel that way again!

I woke up this morning like yesterday was a complete dream - just solidified that fact that I am not taking that stuff again.

I found this about it: all those in bold fit me!

What are the possible side effects of metoclopramide?

Stop using metoclopramide and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
tremors, or restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
mask-like appearance of the face; fever, stiff muscles, confusion, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, rapid breathing; depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
hallucinations, anxiety, agitation, jittery feeling, trouble staying still;
swelling, fluid retention; jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes); or seizure (convulsions).

Less serious side effects may include:
feeling restless, drowsy, tired, or dizzy; headache, sleep problems (insomnia);
nausea, diarrhea; breast tenderness or swelling; changes in your menstrual periods; or
urinating more than usual.

This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect.

So needless to say - I am done with that stuff!

Not to mention -

What is metoclopramide?
Metoclopramide increases muscle contractions in upper digestive tract. This speeds up the rate at which the stomach empties into the intestines.
Metoclopramide is used short-term to treat heartburn caused by gastroesophageal reflux in people who have used other medications without relief of symptoms.
Metoclopramide is also used to treat slow gastric emptying in people with diabetes (also called diabetic gastroparesis), which can cause nausea, vomiting, heartburn, loss of appetite, and a feeling of fullness after meals.
Metoclopramide may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

Okay - i know this is used to help with milk production..........but let me tell you Aedyn has had really really really bad gas pains for the last two days and I really think it is because of this medication.

I hope that it does go away now that I am not going to be taking it anymore.

1 comment:

Sanchez Stories said...

I can't believe you are already talking about FET..... You really are my hero!

Aedyn at 26 weeks (Only You - David Crowder Band)