PAUSE THE MUSIC

to see Aedyn's 26 week ultrasound via youtube.com at the bottom of the blog posts.
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 14, 2008

32 wks

okay our 32 wk 3/4D u/s came and went - i planned on posting pics last night, but instead spent 3 hours trying to get my blood sugar to stabalize.

let me start from the beginning

our appt on Saturday......she loves to suck on her left hand and her little foot :)


such a little stinker already!
after the appointment, we really did not do too much, i took a nap and cooked some dinner and we just kinda hung out around the house.
Sunday - started off to be a pretty good day - went to church and had some good ole southern style lunch for the PWOC fundraiser and headed off to the grocery store.
got home and rested a little then cooked dinner for the family and a friend.
about an hour after dinner, which tasted great going down, but not so much coming up.
not quite sure why it came up, but it did...........i laid down and had a frozen juice pop thinking that would calm my tummy and give me some sugar to off set what i just disposed of.
well at the 2 hour mark, i check my blood sugar and it was 55 - normal is 70, i was a little low, so DH gave me about 16 oz of orange juice - which is about 40 grams of carbs, i tested again 10 mins later and my sugar had gone down to 52, so i had another frozen juice pop (15 grams) and 3 glucose tabs (12 grams) and waited 10 mins and tested again 47! what the heck, it is still going down!!! i checked my insulin pump and suspended it for an hour - DH got my Glucogon Emergency Kit and we called the Nurse on call. while we waited for her call back, i check my sugar again, thinking okay it should at least be going up by now - i have just consumed over 60 grams of carbs in the last 30 mins.......................44, she called back (within about 5 mins) and said to get some milk and cheese ready and take the shot...........once i take this shot to counter act the effects of my sugar going sky high i have to have protein. i did not take the entire shot, maybe 1/3rd of the vial.
i have only taken this shot one other time and i took the whole vial and with 30 mins, my sugar was in the 400's - never again i swore.
but this was worrying my quite a bit, as Aedyn, was kicking and kicking and kicking - i am very sure it was from all the sugar, but she wore herself out last night, coz today she has been pretty dormant....only 4-6 kicks per hour.
okay back to last night - 15 mins after the shot my sugar was 66 on the rise! thank GOD!!!!
and 15 mins after that it was 209! that shot really works - needless to say, having very low and the quite high blood sugar is extremely exhausting - i litterly passed out. The nurse called about another half hour later to ensure that i got my sugars over 75 and make sure i was not in a coma.
DH says i slept so hard, that i was snoring quite loudly.............i dont remember much about sleeping, but i guess i might have been snoring considering how physically exhausted i was.
I awoke this AM at 630 with a blood sugar of 81 - perfect!
and today my sugars have been perfect.
Although, i think with the physcial exhaustion of last night, i might have allowed my immune system to be compromised and I feel like I am catching a cold of some sort, my throat is feeling quite scratching and swollen.
I have an appt tomorrow for my non-stress test and my 24 protein(urine) test, as well as an OB visit - so we'll see how i feel when i wake up.
Sorry this was such a long post! I hope everyone else has started their week off in a much brighter note!


1 comment:

Josée Martens said...

Oh my goodness, Christine. I am so glad you are safe. Poor little Aedyn getting all worked up too. I am still feeling stressed from just reading your post. I can't imagine the tension in the room. Glad you are well, little friend.

Aedyn at 26 weeks (Only You - David Crowder Band)