PAUSE THE MUSIC

to see Aedyn's 26 week ultrasound via youtube.com at the bottom of the blog posts.
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day weekend

okay - so i know that i said we would finish her room. Alas, we never stepped into her room this weekend. So many things took over. it is the end of our fiscal year at work and some purchases needed to be made. spent most of Saturday AM getting this done, by the time we got home, it was so hot outside, all i could do was lay on the bean bags and veg out.
Sunday - we didnt really do any celebrating - it seems that between remembering the loss of our two sons, it was hard to celebrate the upcoming birth of our little girl. instead we decided that going to chuch and getting our groceries and coming home to spend some quality time together was better for us. avoid all the crowds and all the daddy talk for now.

Aedyn has been giving me some contractions but they seems to have subsided after my P17 shot - so far none today.

Picture this!!! it really is funny - and you can even try it at home for yourself :)
I had to renew my CPR certification today......the dummy on the floor and round pregnant girl over it trying to lean down to do the ABC's of CPR...needless to say, I kicked the guy next to me, because standing on my knees and leaning over just doesnt work....so i almost layed down and kicked my leg out which hit him! luckily he didnt think anything of it.
so - how do you try this at home you ask!
take a basket ball, tuck it under your shirt, stand on you knees and lean forward tilting your head to do the Look Listen and Hear step....you will defiantly fall over -just like me :)

Oh yeah, after kicking this guy, he was nice enough to help me back up off the floor.

Well at least it is done now!

And it brought back all those things i need to remember about CPR for babies! A major plus.

I wont promise, but I think I will finish her room this weekend while Daddy is at a nice and cool sound board confrence for chuch on Saturday!

By the way - Goodyear's high today was the highest in the Valley of Sun - 115!!!!! INFERNO!

3 comments:

Josée Martens said...

Holy cow! 115 degrees. I've never experienced anything over 102. WOW!

You sound fabulous. 26 weeks is AWESOME!!! What did your OB say about the contractions?

Hugs!

Josée Martens said...

oh man! i wish we could talk on Friday after the scan. I so want to hear the results but I am meeting up with two girls from FF (JustPeachy and Parker John) for lunch and an afternoon of hanging out. Maybe there is another time?

Christy said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog too! I feel so left out! I'll tell you, that's quite the image of you practicing your CPR. Anytime you wanna swim in this heat (or even in the cooler evenings) let us know, you are more than welcome to come swim with us. We swim almost every night . ..

Aedyn at 26 weeks (Only You - David Crowder Band)